Monday, February 1, 2010

In Just 4 Days

Wow, what a weekend we've had here. It all started Friday night when we finally got the girls' bunk beds together. They were so excited! We had Grandma and Papaw come over to check out the new room, we stayed up late, the whole nine. They had been waiting for these beds for months and now they had them. Here's the pic:


Then, when it was time for Ed and I to go to bed (around 11:30), I just couldn't do it. I couldn't leave my 1 year old in the room with a ladder leading to a bed 6 feet off the ground. I kept imagining her climbing up in the middle of the night and falling. It scared me so much that by midnight, I had taken the mattress off the toddler bed and moved it into our room. Ayda slept on a mattress on our floor for the rest of the night.

The next morning, the first thing we did was make the bunk beds two twin beds (both on the floor). It made for tight quarters, but I was still excited about how cute everything was. Here's what the room looked like 12 hours into this journey:

Now, fast forward 48 hours to this morning. I heard the kids playing nicely in the girls' room and was enjoying some quiet time. I heard a loud BANG and said, "Is everyone ok?" No answer. This time, I went in there while I asked, "Is everyone ok?" I found the 3 kids standing in shock, not sure what to do and I found this:

Yep, that would be our brand new bed---broken! Makenna has only admitted to standing on the bed, so I'm not sure exactly how this happened. To look at the positive side of this, though, I'm glad we had separated the beds. The bed that broke was the one that was on the top! Maybe it was more than just my fear of Ayda climbing that made me unable to go to sleep with bunk beds in the room. Maybe it was God giving me an uneasy feeling about them for this very reason. I'm glad I listened!

Now, off to do some bed shopping....








No comments:

Post a Comment