Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day!

Seven days into the new year and we're having our first snow day. I wish I could say I was excited and able to sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery, but it's snow. It's cold, wet, and a mess! Since 7:30 this morning, the kids have had one thing on their mind--playing outside. I put it off as long as I could, but had to give in.




I don't think they even noticed the cold! It was just under 20 degrees and they were running around like it was summer time! Ah to be young again!



After a whopping 15 minutes in the snow, the kids are having some hot chocolate and marshmallows and I'm left with the memories, a few pictures, and this:


The good part is that they got it out of their system. They'll be content to stay inside the rest of the day. Snow is much more beautiful from inside a warm house with a hot cup of coffee. Off to start a fire in the fireplace....

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh that last scene looks so familiar! LOL!

I answered your question about the 21 Rules on my blog. Same post!

Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment